Insurance is instrumental in helping law firms provide their clients with access to justice
While most policies have historically been purchased by claimants to indemnify themselves against adverse costs, we are seeing greater interest from defendants and for policies that cover own costs.
Law firms are increasingly focussed on their own cash management, and many are looking to insurance to protect their growing portfolios of contingent revenues, recognising that clients require increasingly flexible fee arrangements given their own liquidity concerns.
Harbour Underwriting can provide
- Commercial dispute insurance to claimants, defendants or any other parties with a financial interest in the outcome of a case, including law firms
- Insurance to cover own side’s legal expenses, and/or own side’s disbursements, and/or adverse costs
- Insurance that is bespoke to your needs, with features such as the timing of premium payments tailored to your specific requirements
- Policies insured by an A- (Excellent) AM Best rated insurer
- Validation of your arguments by independent experienced insurance underwriters, potentially a source of great comfort to clients
- An expert underwriting team led by Rocco Pirozzolo, a solicitor who for the last 20 years has been at the forefront of developing legal costs insurance policies
- Access to our sister company who can provide funding solutions