Insurance plays a fundamental role in supporting litigation funders to manage the financial risks associated with commercial disputes
Experienced litigators know that litigation is unpredictable and skilled risk managers recognise the importance of transferring these risks to those best placed to bear them. There is the additional benefit that insurers with a diversified portfolio can charge less than funders to absorb these risks.
Irrespective of the funder’s due diligence, it is also comforting when independent, experienced underwriters back the claim by agreeing to provide the desired insurance policy.
Harbour Underwriting can provide
- Insurance to cover the funder’s own side’s legal expenses, and/or own side’s disbursements, and/or adverse costs
- Insurance that is bespoke to your needs, with features such as the staging of premium payments tailored to your specific requirements
- Policies insured by an A- (Excellent) AM Best rated insurer
- Validation of your arguments by independent experienced insurance underwriters, potentially a source of great comfort to clients
- Expertise – Harbour’s underwriting team is led by Rocco Pirozzolo, a solicitor who for the last 20 years has been at the forefront of developing legal costs insurance policies